Tuesday, August 16, 2005

 
Leon really did give it the old college try last night, but lacking mammary glands, he might have been doomed to failure from the get-go. The baby cried for about 15 minutes with no signs of letting up, so I finally just nursed him (and me) back to sleep. But I am so grateful I didn't have to get out of bed last night. Thanks, honey!

(I keep telling Leon that if he really wants, he could nurse. They could give him hormones, and he's already got the nipples! Just like in Woman on the Edge of Time. I know you all had to read that for women's studies. He remains unenthusiastic.)

On the positive side, baby is finally showing a tooth, on the upper right side of his mouth. There's a tiny little white bud there -- perhaps even two. He's been drooling streams of drool, absolute rivers, from about age 3 months or so, and it's finally starting to lighten up, now that a tooth is finally making an appearance.

I read today that Marines in Afghanistan are using donkeys to cart stuff into remote regions because they're much more efficient than Hummers and don't get shot down like helicopters. One of the problems, through is that they tend to want to mate with each other when they're untied.

Comments:
You can always present him with the gift of a breast sling into which you can put breast milk or formula - I can't find a link for it offhand, but I did find this:
http://www.unhinderedliving.com/nursingfather.html
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
cinnabuster's photos More of cinnabuster's photos