Saturday, September 03, 2005
I wasn't going to post an offer. But as I read page upon page of offers from others, I felt ashamed. What was I afraid of? Other people were offering living room couches and floor space for an air mattress. I have a whole spare bedroom, a seldom-used bathroom and a living room we never use (our TV's in the den). So I bucked up yesterday.
So now I'm surfing the other listings. It's almost like looking at real estate ads. Some people are giving the hard sell: describing their spacious houses, lovely neighborhoods and good schools. I'm feeling a little competitive, even. Should I go back and change my ad to note we're around the corner from the local elementary school? That we have a great backyard and are on a nice, kid-friendly street?
So now I'm surfing the other listings. It's almost like looking at real estate ads. Some people are giving the hard sell: describing their spacious houses, lovely neighborhoods and good schools. I'm feeling a little competitive, even. Should I go back and change my ad to note we're around the corner from the local elementary school? That we have a great backyard and are on a nice, kid-friendly street?