Thursday, September 08, 2005

 
I've been taking this tincture given to me by my friend called More Milk Plus. It works OK. It's made by Motherlove, which has a whole line of herbal remedies for mommies (I also used their salve for certain, um, areas that got sore during nursing). I'm taking it because my milk is drying up, and I feel pretty guilty about it. It may be punishment for taking a few days off to go to California without my son, because the milk started to go away after that. But more likely, it's because he's started solid foods, and just needs me a little bit less now.

And there's some kind of corollary, I'm not sure what, between the drying up of my milk supply and the drying up of my garden. Not just nearly all my tomatoes, but my highly productive cucumber plant is shriveling, despite my best efforts to keep it watered. The advice for both the garden and me: Drink lots. But even though I'm downing 64 ounces at work every night, and the sprinkler is lovingly dousing the garden every day, neither of our supplies are doing so hot.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
cinnabuster's photos More of cinnabuster's photos