Thursday, September 15, 2005

 

This baby is on to me. I try to put him down sleepy, just like the book says, and he immediately springs to life and howls. Real tears stream out of his eyes, and he looks at me accusingly. He says things now, too, when he's upset: "Da-da-da-da-da." Expressing the injustice of it all.

The Urban Baby moms chatter about Ferberizing -- that is, letting the baby cry it out. I'm not there yet. But the book I'm reading says her method may take weeks. Let's hope my highly advanced baby takes a lot less time than that.

Props to KJ for her "Michelin Baby" photo.

Comments:
BOO on comment spam!!! :-(

HEy I told ya as much when we were there, Mr. Baby was so well behaved that there is no way I'd believe he was cranky or stanky or anything else.
 
I asked Mom about this - she said when my sister and I cried as babies, she would go get us. "If someone is crying, they need to be held. How can you ignore someone in tears?" I would go back to sleep after she walked me around - my sister also required singing and rocking. Mom also asked me to tell you that this stage SEEMS like it will last forever, but it ends. This must be why I'm attached to my mother even though she didn't breastfeed me (gasp), had the occasional beer while she was pregnant (oh no!) and would have eaten sushi, if anyone was eating that in the 70s (the humanity!)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
cinnabuster's photos More of cinnabuster's photos