Monday, October 03, 2005
I ended up in the hospital ER Saturday. My weekly allergy shot turned on me and made me swell up like a red balloon. I was shopping in TJ Maxx half an hour after getting the injections, tossing clothes into a cart, trying to ignore the dizziness and nausea that were creeping up on me, but I finally had to abandon the clothes and go outside and call 911 on my cell phone and sit on the curb -- actually, lie down -- and wait for the ambulance to arrive. And I was so looking forward to shopping. As crummy as I felt, I thought hard about whether I could make it through the checkout line. My mother and aunt returned to the store later to get my car and to see if they could find my cart, but alas, it was gone. Stupid efficient TJ Maxx employees.
The allergist today said such reactions are rare, but they happen. Now I'm wondering if I should keep getting these shots. It's been so lovely not to sneeze my way through 8 months of the year ... but it's also lovely to be alive.
The allergist today said such reactions are rare, but they happen. Now I'm wondering if I should keep getting these shots. It's been so lovely not to sneeze my way through 8 months of the year ... but it's also lovely to be alive.
Comments:
<< Home
I may run a search to double-check, but I believe that is the first time "Stupid efficient TJ Maxx employees" has ever appeared in print.
Sorry to hear the cure was worse than the disease - were your allergies better out West, b/c maybe you should move back here. HMMMMM???
Sorry to hear the cure was worse than the disease - were your allergies better out West, b/c maybe you should move back here. HMMMMM???
Ugh!! that does not sound painful. However, one would think that the TJ Maxx people would have noticed the recently-shopping-woman LYING ON THE CURB and, um, maybe asked her if she wanted to put the cart on hold?
Are the shots more effective (most of the time?) than daily meds? Steve is a big sissy/hardcore about his allergies: they happen, he grunts and moans but won't take meds period. I don't know why.
Are the shots more effective (most of the time?) than daily meds? Steve is a big sissy/hardcore about his allergies: they happen, he grunts and moans but won't take meds period. I don't know why.
OK make that first sentence read:
"Ugh!! that does not sound FUN."
Silly me, trying to listen to French news and write English.
"Ugh!! that does not sound FUN."
Silly me, trying to listen to French news and write English.
OH LORD! How horrible ... glad to hear you're okay ... any time I take allergy medicine I get woozy, so I just suffer. :)
KM, my Western allergies were just as bad. KJ, yes, the shots help. Meds help too. I suffered unmedicated through allergies for a long time, and I'd rather get a shot every week for the rest of my life than be constantly sneezing, runny and exhausted.
Post a Comment
<< Home

