Wednesday, October 26, 2005

 
My insomnia came roaring back last night, a night when Little Big Man DIDN'T wake up at all, for a change. Nothing works, not breathing exercises, meditation, relaxation, none of it. I now make myself get out of bed after lying there for an hour and find something useful to do. Last night, it was writing a couple of thank-yous, soaking my stinky shin guards in Woolite and taking some laundry out of the dryer.

The worst part is knowing that come 9 the next morning, husband will be out the door and I will have to supervise/entertain LBM when I can barely open my eyes. This morning, the baby helpfully played in his crib for awhile right after Big Big Man left. Then when he fussed, I nursed him in bed, even though it wasn't even remotely close to mealtime. Then it was his naptime!! Thank God. So what that he cried for half an hour? We all know that naptime is in the 10 o’clock hour, and he just has to deal with it. He finally slept, I finally slept, and when we all woke up again it was time for another breastfeeding. He feel asleep again, this time in the bed with me, perhaps contaminated by Mommy’s tired vibes, and we finally made it downstairs to the wide, wide world sometime after 1 o’clock.

Comments:
Insomnia is the PITS. Like we aren't tired enough already? I'm glad you're teaching your son early that an hour or so after you wake up is still a perfectly acceptable (indeed, DESIRABLE) time to nap.

I'd offer you insomnia-fighting tips, but they're a load of crap. Sometimes - ya just can't sleep. Hopefully this will not interfere with your enjoyment of one of my favorite October holidays - setting back the clock for daylight savings.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
cinnabuster's photos More of cinnabuster's photos