Monday, October 24, 2005

 
A sign that my life may be spiraling out of control: Today I found a two-day-old doughnut, wrapped in a napkin, at the bottom of my work tote. It is a Boston-crème-filled doughnut, my favorite, with a patina of chocolate on the top. It is in surprisingly good shape for having lived at the bottom of a junk-filled bag for two days. In fact, I may just eat it, because Leon refuses to. And he’s the one I carted the doughnut home from work for. It’s his loss. I am also amazed that Cinnamon didn’t find it. She is normally highly efficient at ferreting out forgotten yummies, and she does not discrimate regarding wrappings.

I'm pretty sure this doughnut was meant for me.

Comments:
You cannot even SEE "out of control" from there. Especially if you didn't even eat the donut - and if you DID eat it, YUM! Remember the Simpsons episode where Homer gets a huge 36 foot sub (or something ludicrously huge) and keeps eating it for days until it's moldy and Marge throws it out so he rummages through the trash to find it and continues to eat it? I've done WORSE. OK, I haven't done worse. But I've come close to that!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
cinnabuster's photos More of cinnabuster's photos