Monday, November 07, 2005

 
Here we are, Nov. 7, and I'm supposed to be 9,492 words into my novel. I was counting on the usual amount of down time at work to get this done, or at least start on it, but some actual work has had to be done in the past couple of weeks. So the amount of words I have written for NaNoWriMo is exactly zero. I should have predicted this, but I just had to ring the bell of optimism, because that's me.

As far as finding my true calling and all, it felt great to spell it out here a few months ago, and it's a path I hope to be able to follow one day, but right now I'm focused on survival, which means getting enough sleep to function, taking care of my son and trying to do a decent job at work. I can barely get laundry done during the day, so creative pursuits seem like an unbelievable luxury. I'm glad I'm able to sneak onto this blog every now and then and post something; it feels good, if not exactly creative.

Today I spent five relaxing minutes sitting at the kitchen table and skimming the Stop and Shop circular. Then I felt guilty about it.

Comments:
I, for one, am relieved - because I have time to read your blog but it would take me a while to get through your novel. :-)

ANY month can be Nanowrimo - maybe our month will just take place over the course of like - 30 months. We could write xxxx words on the 12th of every month.
 
Again, boo on comment spam - but, what a fabulous remark - perhaps a honda snowthrower part *can* make our life just a little bit easier!! How bizarre.
 
Perhaps THAT could be an excellent band name...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
cinnabuster's photos More of cinnabuster's photos