Thursday, January 12, 2006

 
Last night, one of our cleaning ladies was rummaging through the bin where we put our soda cans and bottles. I'd seen her do this before, late at night, with few people around, but this was the first time I'd seen her harvest the cans in full view of various managers. Scrounging soda cans has got to be one of the least efficient ways of making money - but if you're already emptying the bin, then why not grab them? You can get a few dollars off your grocery bill. It's been a long time since I had to count change like that. And I hope I never have to again.

I say hello to all the cleaning staff, but this woman doesn't need my friendship. She ignores me. I respect that.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
cinnabuster's photos More of cinnabuster's photos