Thursday, March 16, 2006
I have a question, doctor. Should I have done anything differently? Was this MY fault?
I'm not sure. Did you really want this baby?
Well, I did panic a bit when I found out I was pregnant.
Hmm. The baby must have absorbed that into its aura.
I mean, I did want it. After that heartbeat showed up, I was happy. I really started thinking ahead -- thinking about a new work schedule, setting up another bedroom.
But your committment wasn't 100 percent from the beginning, was it?
Um ... it varied.
I see. What else could have contributed to this?
Well ... I allowed myself to become sick. I got a stomach virus very early on, but it was before I even knew I was pregnant. Maybe that was enough to scramble some DNA.
Hum. What else?
Uh ... I kept drinking green tea even though I once read somewhere that it could interfere with cellular development.
Anything else?
I went jogging once. And kept emptying the cat box. I had a glass of champagne back in January. And I had a cup of coffee a couple of times.
With caffeine?
With caffeine.
I'm writing you a prescription. It's for a new drug. Take it the next time you become pregnant. It will make you 100 percent ambivalence-free. I think that will help.
Better post-date that scrip, doc.
Don't worry. You can fill it through 2012.
I'm not sure. Did you really want this baby?
Well, I did panic a bit when I found out I was pregnant.
Hmm. The baby must have absorbed that into its aura.
I mean, I did want it. After that heartbeat showed up, I was happy. I really started thinking ahead -- thinking about a new work schedule, setting up another bedroom.
But your committment wasn't 100 percent from the beginning, was it?
Um ... it varied.
I see. What else could have contributed to this?
Well ... I allowed myself to become sick. I got a stomach virus very early on, but it was before I even knew I was pregnant. Maybe that was enough to scramble some DNA.
Hum. What else?
Uh ... I kept drinking green tea even though I once read somewhere that it could interfere with cellular development.
Anything else?
I went jogging once. And kept emptying the cat box. I had a glass of champagne back in January. And I had a cup of coffee a couple of times.
With caffeine?
With caffeine.
I'm writing you a prescription. It's for a new drug. Take it the next time you become pregnant. It will make you 100 percent ambivalence-free. I think that will help.
Better post-date that scrip, doc.
Don't worry. You can fill it through 2012.
Comments:
<< Home
My deepest condolences to both you and Big Big Man. It was nothing you did, this is NOT your fault. I know how that feels - I blamed myself for a long time after we lost our baby, too. It seems like such a cruel, sick joke (especially when you conceived naturally after having had to go through all the high tech stuff) and then have it taken away. I'm so very sorry you're having to go through this.
Post a Comment
<< Home
