Friday, March 24, 2006

 
I want to thank everyone for their sympathy and kindness. I have great friends.

One of the good things about no longer being pregnant is that I can now eat normally. Before, I was so queasy I could only eat bread, rice and potatoes. Even the thought of a vegetable made me want to upchuck. Little Big Man may have picked up some of my bad habits, though. At my breastfeeding support group yesterday (yes, we're still breastfeeding at 14 months), I couldn't eat my roll in peace. LBM, toddling around among the newborns and 3-month-olds like a drunken lord among his subjects, grabbed hunks of the bread off my plate and stuffed them into his mouth like he was starving to death. He'd just had lunch, but I was so perplexed, I just let him stuff away.

I had to draw the line, though, when he mugged another little girl his age (over whom he towers) and took a crust of bread right out of her hand. As the little girl's face crinkled in despair, he prepared to shove it in his mouth, but I managed to pry it out of his hand. "That belongs to Summer," I explained as he crumpled to the floor and took a gulp of air in preparation for a tantrum. Later, he spotted crumbs on the floor and PICKED THEM UP AND ATE THEM. This was shortly before he plopped himself down on another (non-walking) baby's blanket, commandeered his toys and then spit up on the blanket.

I'm not sure how much longer they'll tolerate me in this group.

Comments:
I have a theory. Poor LBM has been living off breast milk too long, and is now starved for carbs. He's like a recent Atkins escapee. Sure, he'll put on some weight as he first switches over to a regular diet, but as his nutritional intake stabilizes so will his mood.
 
I smell a new sport in town - Big Baby Smackdown! Cuter than cockfighting, teaches valuable self preservation skills, and requires very little space to set up! Also inexpensive to start (how much is a roll these days, anyhow?)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
cinnabuster's photos More of cinnabuster's photos