Saturday, April 29, 2006
I had my first softball practice today with a co-worker, and I have a gently swelling purple pinkie to show for it. There's also a nice little knot on my left knee where a ball bounced off it, but that injury is hidden and therefore unimportant. The pinkie is sore as I type, but reader, I still type, for you.
Yes, I am joining the office softball team. Originally, I envisioned it as a form of executives playing golf -- a way to get closer to the higher-ups. But there's no one on my team I really need to brown-nose. So now I'm just getting excited at the thought of learning a new sport, at my advanced age.
Batting practice is Sunday.
Yes, I am joining the office softball team. Originally, I envisioned it as a form of executives playing golf -- a way to get closer to the higher-ups. But there's no one on my team I really need to brown-nose. So now I'm just getting excited at the thought of learning a new sport, at my advanced age.
Batting practice is Sunday.