Friday, April 21, 2006
OK, I have to admit something. Tonight on the way home, I was listening to that Peter Frampton song, "Do You Feel Like We Do." And it was amazing. Sometimes I tune in to classic rock just for comfort, and at times I find myself paying attention to a song I've heard a million times. When you pay attention to a song, really pay attention, like I was when I was sitting at this light that's always way too long for the middle of the night, you can really get into it, you can hear all the chords and elements. The energy of this song is amazing -- there's a reason it gets played all the time. I loved Frampton's riffing, his funky work with that voice box or whatever it's called, and I loved how much the crowd was loving it. They cheered everything he did, whistles and hoots and hollers, and I love them for amping up the performance and making it into one for the ages. They even cheered stuff you can't hear -- whatever he was doing on stage, or whatever. Maybe he was putting down the voice box or picking up a guitar or something. It must have been a great night to be in the audience, to be enjoying something that much and just abandoning yourself to the sheer pleasure of music. To be so in the moment, and so joyful.
Here's his picture. So pretty!
Here's his picture. So pretty!
Comments:
<< Home
Speaking of not listening carefully - I always thought it was like I do, not we. On this song, I love the goofy reverb / tracheotomy box they used to distort the vocal. Live music is awesome, people. Support local musicians!
Post a Comment
<< Home
