Monday, May 22, 2006

 
Without noticing, I've put on another four pounds. My weight is close to my all-time high of a number I'm not going to give you. Breast milk production is not burning up the calories the way it used to, where I'd wake up ravenous, eat all day and not gain anything. Glorious, glorious days.

How to lose weight? I really, really hate diets. If I deny myself something, I just go around thinking about it all day, and then usually end up eating it anyway. I don't have time for exercising the way I used to.

What would Urban Baby do? Eat less and work out more, one unhelpful poster said in response to my question. Other ideas were solid. Fast walks at least twice a day with Little Big Man; lots of veggies and lean protein and cut out sugar, sweets, white flour and potatoes.

I'm going to miss those things. But weight gain is a slippery slide. Before you know it, nothing fits, and you're a lumpy middle-aged soccer mom. So in celebration and farewell, I made chocolate-chip cookies last night with a bag of chocolate chips that had been hanging around the freezer, miraculously untouched by either me or Big Big Man. Half will go to the guy at the gas station who helped me change my tire Saturday. BBM and I will eat the ones that got a little more browned than ideal.

And to eat more veggies, we're subscribing to a program where you get fresh produce from a Long Island farm every other week. I'll have to go pick it up at some person's house around here, but it will be reason for me to get changed out of my pajamas and go somewhere with LBM.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
cinnabuster's photos More of cinnabuster's photos