Sunday, July 09, 2006

 

I'm truly a disaster at playdating. Yes, I'm making it a verb. Recently I got invited into a playgroup, one of those that's managed through Meetup, then got kicked out less than three weeks later because I didn't make it to any of the events. Well, they were far, a lot of them! And they were during Little Big Man's nap time! And we cannot ever, ever miss naptime! Or there will be hell to pay!

I'm still in the group run by the crazy lady, who doesn't seem to notice or mind that I haven't made it to any of her events, either.

Ironically, I ran into the Meetup group's moderator at a playdate I actually did manage to attend a couple of weeks ago, at the house of a friend I made through yet another online moms group. But I decided not to make a thing of her dismissal of me, because I didn't want a big dragout fight to wreck my friend's playdate. Meanwhile, the moderator and her friend hung around with each other the whole time and shunned the rest of us, then later complained in an online post that there were too many people from outside the group she runs. My friend was so hurt -- she'd laid out tons of food, hung balloons and put toys all over her backyard, and took tons of pictures of all of us and our children. She even sorted the photos by mom/kid and sent them to us.

I still expect people to treat each other with courtesy and respect, but the playdating is a whole new world.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
cinnabuster's photos More of cinnabuster's photos