Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Me: Your friend sounds like he's emotionally stunted.
Dad: He's short, too.
Today I read about Edmay Mayers, a soldier in Iraq who's handing out toys, teddy bears and school supplies to local kids. I put the word out on the mommy e-mail groups I belong to and also e-mailed one of the bloggers who'd written about her to make sure she's still accepting donations. I got the following e-mail from Edmay:
Yes, we definitely are accepting donations - I would think we will
probably start receiving packages next week sometime or maybe the end of this
week - we have not received any as yet. Please mention the story on any
website you would like as I am sure we can find help (if needed) to give out the
items to the kids and/or to the soldiers, sailors, airman and marines - all four
services will be more than happy to give items to these kids too. So,
please send all that you can. We truly appreciate all your help.
God bless y'all.
/Edmay
Packages can be sent via SAM (space available mail) rate,
which is less expensive than Priority Mail, to:
Edmay Mayers
USACE-GRS
APO AE 09331
If anyone wants her e-mail, message me personally.
There's a link about her here.
Dad: He's short, too.
Today I read about Edmay Mayers, a soldier in Iraq who's handing out toys, teddy bears and school supplies to local kids. I put the word out on the mommy e-mail groups I belong to and also e-mailed one of the bloggers who'd written about her to make sure she's still accepting donations. I got the following e-mail from Edmay:
Yes, we definitely are accepting donations - I would think we will
probably start receiving packages next week sometime or maybe the end of this
week - we have not received any as yet. Please mention the story on any
website you would like as I am sure we can find help (if needed) to give out the
items to the kids and/or to the soldiers, sailors, airman and marines - all four
services will be more than happy to give items to these kids too. So,
please send all that you can. We truly appreciate all your help.
God bless y'all.
/Edmay
Packages can be sent via SAM (space available mail) rate,
which is less expensive than Priority Mail, to:
Edmay Mayers
USACE-GRS
APO AE 09331
If anyone wants her e-mail, message me personally.
There's a link about her here.