Friday, December 15, 2006

 
We're going to Phoenix tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to finishing Deepak Chopra's "Life and Death" on vacation. I'm normally suspicious of Oprah-style self-helpers, but this book isn't trying to tell me how to lose weight or make a million dollars. It explores ideas of what happens to us after we die, tapping into Indian mythology, world religions, and scholarly discussions of near-death experiences.

But I don't think I'll be reading this on the plane. What I'll be doing is damage control on Little Big Man. To distract him, I have a new pack of Elmo books, a brand-new Mr. Potato Head and a pack of pipe cleaners in my arsenal, along with new Thomas the Tank Engine DVDs we can watch on the laptop. The pipe cleaners? They told me on Urban Baby that they keep kids entertained. In a pinch, I'm sure they could also be used as a gentle pair of hand restraints. The last time we flew, we spent a lot of time in the galley where the friendly flight attendants let us hang out and watch them pour coffee and this one guy hit on them, but that giant emergency release handle was just so tempting! Mommy had to be on her toes for that one.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
cinnabuster's photos More of cinnabuster's photos